Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My 10 Year Plan...Sort of

I just got homework for my LEAP internship.

We're supposed to write out our short-term (6 months to 1 year), medium (1 to 4 years), and long-term (5 to 10 years) goals.

Man, I don't want to think about it.

I guess I have a general plan though...

Short-term:
1. Graduate Georgetown.
2. Find a job!...or a fellowship...or an internship...just SOMETHING.
- and/or -
2. Be in graduate school.

Medium:
1. Be working at a non-profit...or something along those lines.
2. Attend/finish graduate school.

Long-term:
1. Be the director (or some other position) of a non-profit (Yeah, this possibility has recently come to my mind. I mean, why strive to work at a non-profit when I can direct it!)
2. Start an event production/planning company with the sister. Or maybe I can just work my way up one.
3. Open a pastry shop with the sister.
4. Travel around the world.

I guess I just want to wake up every morning and like/not dread going to where I have to go or doing what I have to do.

This summer has been a wonderful example so far.
(Can I just say again how much I love my job?)
So was last summer, mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment